About Willow Park Preschool
Established in 1981, Willow Park Preschool is a parent run cooperative located in the Willow Ridge Community Centre in the heart of Calgary's SE that offers morning and afternoon classes for children ages 3 to 5.
Willow Park Preschool strives to provide a learning atmosphere that encourages social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of the child as a whole. In order to achieve this, our students are given the opportunity to learn through play throughout the day. We believe that play and socialization are a vital part of a child’s learning process.
In addition to our large preschool classroom, we are able to utilize the gymnasium located in the Community Centre during preschool hours. We are also fortunate to back onto a green space with two age appropriate playgrounds situated within walking distance.
A key component to the successful running of our school is parental involvement. Parents contribute to the school in various ways ranging from classroom helper to holding an executive position on our parent board to signing up for one of the many daily and weekly tasks that ensure our classes run smoothly. We have found that our school works well for both at-home and working parents. Grandparents and caregivers are also welcome to participate in the classroom and on field trips.
There are plenty parking spaces as well as bus service on Calgary Transit Routes 79 and 80.
The parking lot and entrance to the preschool are on the east side of the Willow Ridge Community Centre.
We Offer Your Child
- A low student to teacher ratio.
- Experienced and caring teachers.
- A safe, spacious, bright and airy classroom and access to a gym and outside green space.
- The opportunities for both structured and unstructured play in each class.
- A place to develop their sense of competence, self-worth, curiosity, creativity and imagination.
- Activities that develop their social, language, cognitive, motor, numeracy, and literacy skills in preparation for kindergarten.
- The opportunity to socialize and develop friendships with other children.
- Educational field trips.
We Offer Parents
- The opportunity to grow with your child in your community.
- Lower tuition fees.
- The potential to develop a support network of friends with the same interests and concerns.
- A chance to observe your child and their peers in a group setting.
- A chance to discover new and hidden talents and showcase your abilities.
- A voice in all aspects of your child's education.